Sunday, November 15, 2009

IQQU Acne Serum

I have been suffering from enormous amount of acne lately, I have tried the drugstore spot treatments I already own (I use Neutrogena and Clean & Clear), and some of the home remedies I have read about online. These treatments usually work for me, but this time is probably my worst case of acne I've had in years. I decided to turn to Michelle Phan's acne serum from her new beauty line IQQU.




Where to buy: IQQU Beauty International
Price: $33 (I live in USA, the shipping was $8)
Direction: Apply sufficient amount of this treatment evening over clean skin until fully absorbed.
General Rating: It works
Scent: Okay, unless you do not like tea-tree-oil-ish smell.
Related Products: more on IQQU Beauty International
Amount used: been using it semi-consistently for about a week.
THIS PRODUCT WORKS. I think that's all you really need to know. I wouldn't call it a miracle cream, it does take some to see the effect. It does help reducing acne, it doesn't make it disappear right away, but the result after applying is significant. It usually takes a couple of hours to see the difference, to see a clear result would be the next day when you wake up. This product is pretty expensive, but general spot treatments from drugstores cost about $6-$10, and the size of the IQQU bottle is about twice the size of average spot treatment tubes, so it's actually not bad. It definitely worth what it cost, it helped me when no other serums or remedies can, it is definitely an outstanding product. The only problem I really have with it is the dispenser of the bottle, sometimes it takes a couple of pumps to get the serum out, and sometimes the pump will make the serum fly and splat onto something else (across my bathroom), and it usually leaks a bit after pumping, have to be very careful with it. You can always just twist the bottle open to get the serum without using the pump.

Of course, just because there is an effective product around, doesn't mean it will stop acne from spawning upon your face (sometimes somewhere else). I have been living very unhealthily lately, my sleeping schedule is messed up, so is my digestion. I don't know if it has been proven or not, but I think digestion does contribute to activeness of acne, because if your body is not properly...circulated (let's put it in a less gross way), leaving all the gunk in your body, it will try to find some other ways to get out...you get the picture? I believe this is one of the cause of my acne...because after I fixed my digestion problem (took some pills, lots of yogurt and orange juice...for some reasons orange helps my digestion, I don't know about other people) the bumps start to disappear from my forehead...but it did not make all the acne fade away due to...other reasons.

I have been follow Michelle Phan (Ricebunny) through her blog and videos for about almost two years or so now. I loved her tutorials (especially the DIYs) and reviews, I have learned a lot from her in makeup and skin care, she is a awesome guru and a wonderful girl, I believe that she can make a difference in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment